Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My Uncle Bubba by Robin R. Reed (from PLAYGROUND POLITICS BY ROBIN R. REED)

My Uncle Bubba is really great. Sometimes he is my favorite uncle. Sometimes John is sometimes Therman sometimes Don. Herman and Jimmy do not care if they are my favorite or not. They are happy all the time anyway. It's hard to pick. Bubba's real name is Robert. Alot of time he is in jail but he is not bad. Sometimes he takes drugs but that's all. He does not beat people up or say alot of bad words or steel things. The police still don't like it when you use drugs though. He does it anyway so he goes to jail and writes letters to me. He tells me what books to read and he says that the truth is something that you have to search for. He says that I will understand that later on when I'm big. Bubba is a muslum. Some grownups say that muslums don't believe in Jesus but they do to. Bubba is still going to heaven even though he is a muslum and sometimes goes to jail. Just because you take drugs sometimes and go to jail do not mean you can't live forever with God and the rest of us. When I talk to Bubba he talk to me like I'm bigger and not a little kid. I guess that's how muslums are supposed to talk to kids. They must have to read alot to because he does and he always want me to read books about people who are black. Some of them are dead that he read about and some of them are not. It is very important to know where you come from other wise where will you go to in the future. Black people have to take they future in they own hands because we can't depend on the white man for everything. Bubba already search for that truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment