Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Red Stories 2

I am up this Sunday morning at 1:17 praying for you. Because I know you're out there. I am holding you in the perfect and divine light of the Most High, of God, of Spirit, of the Creator of Life. If you haven't heard someone tell you that you are cared for, prayed for, loved, you are hearing it from me.

I am praying for your safety. I am praying for your courage. I am thanking God for the blessing of who you are. I know that you have been hurt. I know that you feel lonely and afraid. I know that you feel like you have to hold on to your secrets. You don't. I know you feel that there is nowhere you can go. I know you think your family and friends will judge you for going to a shelter with your children. They might. But you will be safe. Your children will be safe. I know that it seems hopeless and that the situation will never change. It only seems like that.

There are many women and men who have been there and will share their stories with you. Accept the support that they offer. You can start today. You can start right now. There are safe houses in your city. Call the domestic violence hot lines and find out where they are. Don't listen to all of the reasons why you shouldn't.
"It's not that bad." "It was my fault." "He's a good father." "I'm staying for the kids."

Your kids want you alive. Your kids want you safe. Your kids want to see you smile. Your kids want to hear you laugh. Your kids want to sleep through the night and not be interrupted by the quick sounds of you being chased across a room and beaten again. Your kids don't want to keep this a secret anymore. From grandparents, from teachers, from aunts and uncles, from friends.
Your kids love you. And so do I.

Please call the National Domestic Violence Hot line 1-800-799-7233. You don't have to know what to say. Just dial the number.

If you or someone you love has lived through domestic violence then please add an encouraging word on this blog.

If you have not experienced this in your lifetime, then add that to what you are thankful for and please be a blessing to someone today.
Please add a scripture, a passage, a thought, a quote on this blog that encourages someone who has and someone who may be living with it right now.

Please join me in sending out the prayer of peace, safety and laughter today.
May you be blessed today with an ear to hear God's guidance.
1-800-799-7233

If you know a number to a safe house in your area please post it here. You never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment