Friday, July 17, 2009

Therman's call

It's 6:52am and I need to be out of the house headed for my graduation ceremony by 7:00am. Not dressed yet. Therman called me this morning @ 6 excited to tell me that he had "some thoughts" he wanted to share. He and Janice are at Ronnie and Jacquie's in Connecticut. I was (am) sleepy but was smiling inside at the pleasure in his voice when he said that he had been sitting out on the deck all night waiting for daybreak so he could call someone to talk. I am honored he called me. (Or maybe I was just the only one who answered. Whatever.)

He was so happy about "being in the company of three wonderful people! and to be traveling with one of them." I am happy for him too. Happy for all of us. And happy is such a sorry word. But it's 6:58. Still not dressed. Therman told me while he was here that his role in our family would be of connecting us again. Or for the first time. Connecting family members who have not had the experience of really knowing each other. And from my experience he has taken that role powerfully.

7:00. Have to get dressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment