Tuesday, July 21, 2009

V Kali

When V Kali's phone is off
My power is out
We stay connected
Through prayer, telepathy, candle light
Phones are only toys to V

She laugh at them letters from Pac Bell and Sprint
If they knew like I know
They would look up under all them clothes
See the world wide web electric all through her veins
V stay connected

She with Venice Beach sand matted in her locks
I walk flip flop footed over Georgia red clay
We sip green tea together reciting lyrics to Nailah's songs
Discussing babies, sisters, men, spirits

I call V my Godmother 'cause I call on her
When I don't have the words right to take to God
When I don't want my mother to worry

I have all the news I need about the jungle, the village, Leimert Park
Without ABC, NBC , cable
I know all I need about poetry
We talk about Peter J. Harris, Sequoia, Ruth
About George, Tau, Kamila, Karen

We laugh
Recite new poetry
We are silent
We breathe
We keep Zuri alive
Not that she need our help

Aint nothin' nobody can tell me about herbs, white folks, greens
V aint told me already
I am never away from home
I am all ways in the isness of the moment
The closeness of breath
Connecting with V

1 comment:

  1. you are fierce beyond measure/
    24-7/
    i wonder what angels think about
    when you greet them on the other side
    of sleep...
    -v.kali

    ReplyDelete