Thursday, September 10, 2009

A card from Ann Buxie


Ann sent me this card after the passing of my father back in February. I read often. Ann is dear to me and so are her words. I had a birthday celebration in her home this year with her friends, with my friends, with love, with life.

Dear Jaha,

When we stand before the world and participate and listen and receive the forces of life, we are called forth. Thank you for coming to L. A. to stand with me, with all of us and share your heart. It's th epath to peace. I just spoke with Ruia who told me of your father. Mine eclipsed almost a year ago, so I am in Tucson with my mom now. Everything vital about my dad cannot die. They have shaped the air I breathe. I came home from hospice after Dad left to witness a lunar exlipse. I saw him pass through shadow into the glorious light...and sail on. A rare flower bloomed in the expanse of my heart.

And a rare flower bloomed at the Home Concert. Thank you for honoring your fellow tellers and travelers. You're always welcome here, Jaha. It was an evening I never imagined, so full of heart.

Did you meet anyone you loved?

May the vision that knows your name, you deepest aspiration, the one under the sole of your foot, and in the heat of your breath FLOURISH.
Its subtle cry lift you into a joy of many hues, stretch your thoughts until the naked promise gleaming between appears.
Soar into that space.

Be poured into the sublime syllables of your name.

Love,

Ann Buxie

No comments:

Post a Comment