Sunday, February 6, 2011

Oakland

Good morning friends and family,

The show yesterday went well. Praise God. It was a day/evening show which is always good for a change. The venue was a clubhouse of an apartment complex. Well, excuse me they were called apartment homes. And sooooooo beautiful!!! The grounds were incredible. I think I took almost as many pictures of the grounds of the complex as I have shots of Oakland all together. The show was actually in Alameda which is very close to Oakland.

What was also beautiful about this show was that the crowd was a group not used to going to poetry events or hearing stories like mine read. Some of them were educators in schools and others in professional businessfolk and most parents. All attentive. It was a great experience for me and for them. And they also enjoyed and purchased the photos that I had displayed.

I give high thanks to God for the blessing of stories, poetry and art. I give thanks to God for blessing me to share the ministry that He has given me to others.

The next show scheduled here is on Thursday at The Oasis Restaurant and Bar in Oakland. I'm looking forward to that. Tomorrow I'm going to a dance rehearsal with Yuri (my friend I'm staying with) and her two year old son.

I'll keep you posted.
Enjoy you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment