Thursday, April 14, 2011

Dream

I had a dream last night that I was at a party at a house next door to where I grew up. In the dream that house was my house and there were people next door (my house, the house I grew up in) who we kept arguing with. At one point I went outside with a guy I was dating (a guy I actually dated, a real hot head, contstantly trying to get a fight started). The guy from next door (who looked a lot like the rapper Eminem). My guy and the other guy maddogged each other for a moment then both were going back into the seperate houses until my guy said something. Just haaaaad to say something. I don't even remember what, but something to which the other guy responded, "Ok, I got a coupla guns inside now." After that everyone at the party where I was was instructed to get down, hide, stay low. We all stayed in our positions, waiting. I was so angry at my guy for saying what he said when he could have just let it go.

Now, maybe the guy would have come out with the guns and shot us all whether someone said something to him or not. Maybe my guy saying something to him was the best thing because it allowed us to see what was in the other guy's mind and we could prepare and brace ourselves for his rage. I don't know. I only remember us all there hiding behind tables and each other. Waiting.

That's what life feels like sometime. Everyone waiting for something bad to happen. Waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment