Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Train / bus letters and thoughts and other stuff (from journal 03/30/11)

Dear lady on the train with your music blasting,

It's not just that I don't wanna hear it, I mean that's part of it, (mostly really) but I don't think your baby in her stroller wants to either. Plus, it's not even a really good song or anything like that. Good, you're getting off now. Bye. Go bother someone else.

xxxxxxxxxx

Dear black dude with the shaved head covered in tattoos,

I think your look is really beautiful. But then I am a photographer and I only want to take pictures of you. I would never hire you for anything. But then never is a short long word and you didn't ask me for a job.

xxxxxxxxxx

Dear guy on the train talking to me,

I know that you are just looking to connect and bond with some other black folks because you haven't really found your community of "like minded folks in L.A." (you are from San Diego and apparantly they are all over the place out there) but I don't really feel like talking right now. I did think it was cool when you found out that I was a writer you said "wow, so you're not schitzo, you're just creative" and I said, "no, I'm schitzo too" you didn't even flinch. You said, "that's cool, so now you have a place to let it all out."

I gave you props for that. Anyway, I'm getting off now.

xxxxxxxxxx

Dear young black guy getting arrested right now for not showing your train pass to the sheriff waiting,

I feel sad for you because I don't like it when we get caught up with the law behind simple stuff like that. I did maddog the sheriff the whole time he handcuffed you, put you in the car and went through your things.

Take care.

xxxxxxxxxx

Dear lady on the bus going to school or something,

Your titties are too big to be wearing that shirt. I know it's hot now but still you gotta watch things like that when you ride the 210 Crenshaw.

xxxxxxxxxx

Dear lady on the bus behind me talking to your friend,

When you said "I was just callin' because I was just thinkin' 'bout you," I know he didn't believe you because I didn't. Then when you asked him to pick you up at the Louisiana Fried Chicken place on King and Crenshaw we both knew the truth.

xxxxxxxxxx

Bus driver,

It's hot thanna mug. For real, are you ever gonna turn the air on?

xxxxxxxxxx

I wonder how big the shrimp tacos are at Taco Bell.

xxxxxxxxxx

Dear lady on the bus complaining about your knees,

I think you should just lose some weight. Seriously 'cause sometimes I have "trouble" with my knees too.

xxxxxxxxxx

If you ride the bus then I don't think you should have long fake eyelashes. But that's just me.

xxxxxxxxxx

Lady behind me,

Stop talking to yourself. If you wear a lot of makeup on the bus and you are wearing purple and pink AND talking to yourself, then people will think you are crazy. And your red wig is not that cute. I'm not talking about you. I'm just saying.

xxxxxxxxxx

My stop now. Crenshaw and King.

xxxxxxxxxx

Seriously, what's up with all the motorized petal bicycles? And why do I only see them in the hood?

xxxxxxxxxx

WINNER!!!!

I was sitting on the bus stop on King and Crenshaw and a brotha came up to be with his hairy chest hairs showin' through his unbuttoned jumpsuit. His black curly hair almost hanging in his face. He was wearing blue coveralls that were slightly too small for his chubby frame. He walked close to me as if he was about to tell me some deep secret. Lookin'all around.

He: It aint a lotta good lookin' women 'round here so gon gimme ya numba.

I: (laughing) No, I'm not givin' you my number, but that was a good one.

He: You don't wanna come ova my house an' cook fa me?

I: (still laughing) No sir. I don't.

He: (putting one of his boots on the bench next to me so his crotch is tight against his clothes and close to me) Gal, you don't wanna touch all this?

I: Now that's funny. No thank you. I don't want it!

He: Humph. (and walked away)

1 comment:

  1. This entire thing blessed me indeed. Sad I rode the blue line in Chicago today & saw the same thing happening to a young teenager & did the same as you

    ReplyDelete