Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Saturdays

there is a white couch
always a white couch
or white covers
and plants
leafy plants in cream pots

a wall of my paintings
of children
green
white
purple
black
orange children
playing
running

a ceiling fan spinning slowly
a rainy day and Breakfast at Tiffany's
The Cotton Club, Sparkle, Mahagony Brown
Law and Order marathon
CSI
something
and you

with your reading glasses and gray at you temples
scrabble game unfinished on the coffee table
wine glasses
red
white
champagne
strawberries
bagels
pizza
clam chowder
whatever

my feet in your mix matched tube socks
three blue stripes
four green

we lay on the couch
white couch
white covers
or cream
whatever

you wear white footies
I massage your toes through the socks
as I solve each case
NCIS
The Closer
The Good Wife
who cares

eggs
grits
cheese
pepper

chips
hummus
chicken

you are reading
a book you've read before
with pen
circling sentences
making notes

thunder
lightening
t shirts
boxers
sweat pants

we laugh at the commercials
ignore texts
you answer your phone
put your head in my lap
my lips on your forehead
nose
cheeks as you talk

I sit on the floor
you rub my shoulders
neck
back

shave my head
olive oil on my scalp

peach wine cooler
scrabble game continues
dishes pile

poetry
stories
Eric B and Rakim
Ice Cube
Guru
LL Cool J
Donny Hathaway
Aretha Franklin

Fyodor Dostoyevsky
John Grisham
Judy Blume
James Baldwin
Toni Morrison
Terry McMillan

this is our weekend
that starts on
white couch
cream walls
black and white photos
of you
falling asleep
writing
reading

of me
wishing

1 comment:

  1. Love it. Can't post mine yet but promise it will be ready soon.

    ReplyDelete