Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Writing creates room (from journal entry July 5, 2011 / 10:36am)

I'm at Debra's watching a Law and Order marathon, one of my favorite things to do. I enjoy Law and Order with Debra. I think she enjoys it as much as I do.

She is laying in her bed reluctant to be anywhere else. I am sitting next to her reluctant to move her. Writing helps. Writing forwards procrastination, moves reluctancy. Writing creates room in my space, in my head. Helps me see what things there really are to do.

I'm working at Debra's until about 8:00 Thursday morning. We have work to do. Work with her memory. Her legs. Feet. Hands. We are progressing. I saw this episode of Law and Order before but that's ok. Right now it is preferred. Time to write without focussing on one of my favorite shows with my favorite client. The time and space to write is needed.

"Mr. Waverly, Mr. Pratt, I am dismissing all charges against you. You are free to go." Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment