Friday, September 16, 2011

Alphabet games

apple
bottom
candy
dogs
elephant
frogs
good
heaven
ink
justice
keep
link
mine
none
open
people
quick
rest
television
usually
very
wish
xray
yesterday
zebra

This is how I destress. Saying words in order a words b words c words... see where I'm going. This is how I keep the noise away. It doesn't help. For a little while it does. It eases my mind so that I can rest. And then I get so involved with my alphabet games that they keep me awake. Then I switch to number games but they only frustrate me because I was never that great with math. It's not that I wasn't great, I was just slower with numbers. It's why I don't play dominoes. One of the reasons anyway. Alphabet games are better. Except there aren't enough x words. That bothers me. I find myself collecting x words and z words and tuck them away in mind, in my bra, my front pockets, anywhere so that I will remember to pull them out later when I need to rest and can't.

How long? Well, I've always been this way. For as long as I can remember. When I was a small child I would recite Bible verses. Count the letters in sentences. Recite song lyrics backwards. Alphabet games have always been a part of my sleep. Or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment