Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Dear Jaha (from journal entry 9-3-11)

Happy birthday, dearheart. I love you so much. I am so proud of you and I am honored to call you self. I know you. I see you. I acknowledge you as strength and kindness. As love and generosity. I recognize you as friend and mother. I honor you as child of God.

Thank you for hanging in there. Thank you for remembering to know that God is all ways with you. Always. Thank you for knowing that the rough times only seem rough. I love you for getting that there is nowhere you could have been, could ever be, that God was not, that God is not.

At times when you strayed off of your path, you got back on. You grabbed God's hand and continued on your journey. Held your head up when others talked badly about you, lied on you, judged you and put you down. You are dignity, Jaha. You are and it is ok to know about yourself.

Praise God for your courage and dreams! Praise God for your praise. Happy birthday, Jaha and go on with your journey. Stay on your path. Love yourself more than you ever have before. I love you dearly.

Jaha Zainabu

No comments:

Post a Comment