Sunday, February 26, 2012

After Rain's show


Oh my goodness. Sigh. Deep breath. Exhale. Three words, Rain Denise Wilson. My my. Her show was absolutely awesome. She came out as a character called Lisa and was speaking to an audience of reporters who came to interview a much older Rain. A writer who had become possessed by words and stories and so does not write anymore. Oh the way she told this story. I so related to it. She talked about how the words don't ask permission to come to you. How they just come whether or not you have had ample sleep or not. I understand sista, I so understand.

It was lovely seeing Rain tonight. We were on the poetry scene together in Los Angeles about ten eleven years ago. She looks great.

Her character in the show collected obituaries and wrote about the murdered boys and girls on our streets. She wrote about, no channeled the feelings of the mothers who had to see their children dying on the street. The neighbors that saw. The man standing over the body with the gun. The stories keep coming, they do. I know that so well.

Thank you, Rain. Blessings sister. Big blessings and safe trip back to Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment