Thursday, February 23, 2012

Is your life set up to receive what you want?

Mine isn't. I want people to read and enjoy the stories I post in my blog. But truthfully, if Oprah Winfrey went on national television tonight and said, "Hey world, Jaha Zainabu's blog is so interesting! I don't leave the house before I read a post. I would love it if you all read her work." Then what would happen is that a million folks would go to my blog and find what? Some good stories and poems yes, but also a lot of entries that need to be edited and misspelled words. Is that something I would want a million people to see? Of course not. 

Obviously hope isn't lost. The fix is easy. But I need to recognize what I want, acknowledge it, see what's missing in the space of what I have and what I want and get busy filling that space with what it needs. 

Look in your life. What do you want? Are you a singer? You wanna go on tour? Do you have a passport? You will need one. Are you an actor? If someone called you in for an audition tomorrow what monologue would you recite? You get where I'm going. Let's get busy cleaning our own homes and creating space for our dreams to show up. Ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment