Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My new novel

I started my new novel today. Posting the chapters of THE NIKEL has inspired me I think. I wrote THE NIKEL so long ago and each time I post a chapter I resist the heavy urge to write it over and "grow up" the language and develop the characters more. It's humbling. Also, this new novel has grown in me so deep. So heavy. They aren't even related. These two stories wouldn't even be sold in the same bookstore let alone be put on the same shelf. Not because this one is all genius and shit but, the stories are just so far apart from each other that's all. I'm not ready to tell you the name of it. You know I will when I'm ready. But not now.

I will say this about it though, someone inside of me or hovering around me is dictating it. I got this same feeling when I was writing WOMEN IN THE VILLAGE. Someone wanted her story told and for some reason chose me.

I'm embarrassed to tell you that I am afraid of this woman sometimes. Not like she will hurt me but because I'm afraid of being scared, like "BOO!" I'm low key scared of going crazy. She wants her story told though. She does and she chose me. Maybe one of the WOMEN referred me. Gee thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment