Sunday, February 26, 2012

Red Stories last night

Last night was Red Stories. Yes, we are still at it and loving the moments of it. The good ones when promotion is easy and effective and folks are on time and the crazy ones when I don't know who's showing up. I am thankful for every moment of Red Stories. Thankfully the crowd has been a consistant group of awesome participants. Listeners and lovers of stories. The features have been ready and willing to let it out. Thank you thank you.

Last night I let Urban Voodoo host because I want to be able to move about and shoot and record the show. I have no photos up of Red Stories at Vibrations because I'm on stage too much of the time. And when I'm not I'm paying attention to the features. Last night I was able to get some shots, which I'll post soon, and really listen to the artists. Reverdia wasn't scheduled to feature but she was there and I needed her energy on that stage and she was gracious enough to get up and give it up. I love love love Reverdia. Paul Mabon was the first scheduled feature to go up. Paul, let me just say is always amazing. Seriously. And so humble. He answered questions and shared emotions he pulled from way inside. Thank you, Paul for being so open with us. I love his art so much. How interactive he is with the crowd, how he keeps us all there with him. Love you love you love you, Paul. After Paul, Cayenne went up. Oh my goodness. First because because she is so wonderfully gorgeous. And because she gave a show I've never seen from her. Now, don't get me wrong, she's always a good performer but I've never seen a feature from her where she has shared so much poetry and shared so much of her personal story at the same time.

Cayenne shared some erotic poetry and Brother Umar was there from The Last Poets. The two of them began an interesting conversation about What is erotic poetry? The conversation got good. Yes, good.

Urban Voodoo shared poetry and stories while hosting and I so loved him there taking a lot of responsibility off of me. Thanks brother. Rodzilla is in town! Yay! He's been on the road for forever and last night came in from San Diego and greatly blessed us. Really, this young man is rediculous with his talent. Talk about telling a story.

Over all the night was sweetly beautiful. Oh my goodness, how did I not mention Socks. Socks and Food are the owners of Vibrations. Socks also shared her wonderful energy on the stage last night. Wow, we did have a busy night. After the show we went to Piccolo's Book Store in Culver City. Ok, get this, remember Boarders in the Howard Hughes Center? Well it's now Piccolo's and that huge space holds a crazy amount of books and all of the books are only $1.00 (except for the mystery books which are $2.00)! They have a new spoken word night every Saturday night and we were there to celebrate them and the work they are doing. Thanks Piccolo. Umar shared poetry there too.

It's been awesome hanging with such a legend. Get back safely Umar. We love and miss you already.

So, Red Stories happens the last Saturday of every month. I do hope you can make it next month. The show is at Vibrations at 2435 Manchester Ave., Inglewood, CA 90305.

Love yall. I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment