Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My dream last night

I had a dream last night that I was riding in a truck with some white woman and  we were dressed like safari people but we were driving through Compton. When we got to wherever we were going, a bunch of black and girls ran to the truck. They had very matted hair and some were only half dressed. The scene reminded me of movies where white hunters drive through a small African village.

The children kept asking for food and water and whatever we would give them. This made me sad and angry and j because this was Compton, California. I was a black woman from Long Beach, a city over. I was riding with an American white woman (whoever she was). We were wearing brown short sets. 

Why were we dressed alike? Where were the adults? Was this a dream? Whatthe? Where were the Laker flags and Whitney t shirts and churches and liquor stores? Why didn't anyone have food? These are not rhetorical questions. Somebody, seriously! Was this a sign of some times to come? Scary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment