Friday, June 8, 2012

Greyhound drama

I don't know why I haven't posted this yet. It's been on my mind but I've been busy and I wanted to write something creative about it to really do the story justice. It doesn't look like I'm going to do any creative writing around it but I still want to tell you the story.

Anyway, I caught the bus to Philly my last trip. It was a long trip. There was this family who was also going to Philly and they were so loud and messy and the young girls were cussing out the mother and younger children and...just a mess. There was a point in Oklahoma City when everybody on the bus seemed asleep at one time. Then, all of a sudden, a man who the driver had asked to sit back there with the loud family because a mother with two young children entered the bus, started screaming "Stop the bus! Stop the bus!" Then freaking pulled out two machettes! Yes he did! So the driver stopped the bus and when we saw the machettes we ran to the front of the bus. That was a mess. Once the door was finally open we ran out of there like crazy. Picture a buncha folks runnin' down the freeway in Oklahoma City. Oh, I forgot to tell you, the man started cutting into the seats in front of him and cracked the window where he was sitting. For some reason he didn't allow the bus driver to get off the bus. Who knows why.

Eventually the police came and took all of our statements and we were let back on the bus after the man was arrested. I don't know why he did it. He didn't get anything out of it. Maybe he just wanted to get arrested. Who knows. I wanted to make this a really interesting story but I'm tired and just wanted to get it out while it was still in my head. Whatever.

So, I think I'm done with Greyhound's long trips. Maybe I'll go as far as Utah from California or something like that, but the whole three day trips I'm cool on. Really I blame Greyhound because they don't check anyone for anything. You don't walk through anything that could potentially go beep beep if you are carrying weapons or drugs. Come on now. No wonder a guy got on the bus with weapons. Do you really wanna trust people who are taking the bus three days across country to just be honest and not carry weapons and alcohol? No. Sorry. Ok, no I'm not.





No comments:

Post a Comment