Sunday, January 6, 2013

A poem a day for 2013 - day 6 - Bliss. Uraeus. This.

Easy
Like these moments
Magic
Sorcery
I love the most
Twisting my son's locks
Dip my finger in olive oil pudding
And twist round his hair
Each lock
Like love
These are the times that carry me
When I need
His big body
Can't sit still
Floor too hard
His head rest on my knee
He will be way too big for these moments way too soon
Stretch out his long legs
Big feet
He tells me jokes
I laugh and know that
He will be a grown man
Tomorrow come too soon
For any mother
This body
This long body
Lived inside me
Those eyes cried
And knees scraped
Those big feet ran and
Fingers made art
Those little lips spoke
Told stories
Made me smile
Balm to my soul
These moments easy
I wrap
Round my flesh
Like plastic
Shred and sprinkle
These easy memories
In every corner
Of my home
Behind picture frames
In the dirt that holds the plants
I keep with me forever
I fuss and he just say
I love you too
These are just words
On a page
To remember
Like I could forget
My hands in his hair
His arm heavy on my knee
My fingers wet
Olive oil
This cold January day
Orange chicken
Egg rolls
His I love you too
And moment easy as
This

No comments:

Post a Comment