Friday, March 8, 2013

A poem a day for 2013 - day 67 - Dear Jaha

11:36am
McDonald's parking lot
Why?
Because the wifi is free, son!
I am seven blocks away from work
And too far from home
I have nowhere to be for an hour and a half

There is a man in a car next to me
Why?
Because the wifi is free, son!
I love myself today
More than I have loved myself in a long time
I want to pull my camera out of my bag
And take pictures of myself
For an hour and a half
Or at least an hour

But I care about what the man next to me
In the blue Camry will think

So I look at myself in the mirror
I make friends with that mole above my eyelid
My Dr. Spock ears that hold my earrings well
It's been two years since my last eyebrow mowing
And somehow I am all right with me
Today my eyes are beautiful
Beautifuler than they have ever been before
With my short curly lashes
And lines underneath
You caint tell me nothin' 

I play dot to dot with the freckles
That blush my cheeks so well
I have my mother's nose 
My daddy's mouth
And a neck that holds my head just fine

I'm gon be all right
I say to myself
I'm all right right now
I keep sayin' to myself out loud
With the beautifulest eyes
I had in all my life

No comments:

Post a Comment