Saturday, March 9, 2013

A poem a day for 2013 - day 68 - Gratitude

I am thankful this day
Because I am here on this day
With my limbs stuck to my body
And working as they should
For my son
Who is finding out that he is a human being
And lives in this big world
With other human beings
And he is still part ninja too
And he is developing that ninja side of him too
But none of us are born all ninja
I am thankful for love and kindness in my life
For my desire to be tender
Tender with myself and with others
But mostly with myself
Since it's all the same anyway
I am thankful for tea
Especially peppermint
Especially vanilla chai
Even though I am staying away from vanilla chai
Because a woman can be thankful for what she should not have
Can't she
For friends and family
Especially my friends who are family
Especially my family who are friends
I am thankful for my mother
For all the women in my life who
Worry me with their instruction
For the men
Who still give me should
I am thankful for all of you
Even you
I am thankful for my own wonderful
Lost and found self
Bless my self's heart
I am thankful today
Because I am thankful today

1 comment: