Saturday, March 16, 2013

A poem a day for 2013 - day 75 - Bless

Sit on the floor and sing to me
While I cut my hair and paint my toes
Ease me between your knees
You on the couch me on the rug
Make my shoulders fall
At your ooooohhh your aaaahhh
And then the refrain
You must have a song
A poem a scripture
Some clay pot you made
Show me some something birthed from your hands
I will wear it around my neck my waist
Put it in my pocket
My locked drawer to be remembered
Pick me a flower bake me some bread
Recite me a poem off the top of your head
I never asked you for diamonds
For gold
For glitter
Write me a letter
Tell me your story
Listen to mine
Let's just be quiet
Gift me with shells
Sand from the beach
A penny you found
All of these things
These riches around

No comments:

Post a Comment