Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A poem a day for 2013 - day 100 - poem 3 - Watch your mouth

We were taught early about this thing love
Love
Say it with me?
Love.
How does it feel in your mouth?
Do you swallow your bottom lip and spit out the v?
I know the kind of love I'm in
Based on how I say the word
When I catch myself saying
I luuve you
And love sounds like lug
Then it is time for me to go
Because the love has gotten too heavy
Love is not a something
A woman with a back
Sensitive as mine can pull around
All that bending
Is not good
If you are not careful
I am not careful

When I say love
And my lips form the o
And I add on extra o's
And the o's sound like song
Not like birds
Music like birds
Works well in my poetry
But it never describes my tone
Not mine

I am not a bird
I am a moan
I am a bass
Upright and heavy
A raspy
A husky
A musk

When my jaw drops
And o's scrape my throat
When my head tilts
Because the sight of you
Is too much to balance straight on
When my fingers do this funny dance
That I cannot control (by the way)
When my feet jump
And my arms hawk to take you in

That's when you know
Right there
That you are stuck with me
My friend

No comments:

Post a Comment