Sunday, April 14, 2013

A poem a day for 2013 - day 104 - I am untitled

I am not a possession
I am not a key
I am not a CVS / RALPH's / Rite Aid savings card on a chain
I am not owned
I am not the rice in the cabinet
The peanut butter
Soup
Dry beans
I am not jelly in the fridge
I am everything I have
I am love
I am hugs
I am cheerleader
I am friend
I am not a staple
I am a fold in the upper right corner
I am not a shiny penny
I am a disappear
I am a here
I am a magician's cheap trick
Just watch my hands
There are strings
There are back doors
I am the lovely assistant cut in two
Walking around whole
I am not a rabbit's foot
To be rubbed to erase fear
Worry
Shake
I am the fat lady singing
I am a dangerous
I am not lucky
I am not a dream
I am a cliche
I am an awake
I am a haiku
I feel longer than I am
I am not a forever
I am a now

No comments:

Post a Comment