Monday, April 15, 2013

A poem a day for 2013 - day 105 - All of our heavy

I will not let my stomach knife and needle and fork and fire
I will breathe even if I have to set my alarm to remind

One bomb
And another
Three bodies dead maybe more
Over a hundred injured maybe more
We are all injured
Weather we know or not

Blaming our lot on the devil
With fingers mighty as ours

Tragedies all over
Bombs at the finish line of a marathon
Bombs at a wedding
Rape under a tree
Drunk driver
Girl missing
Suicide
Murder
Arson

A Wonderland hole

If I do not stop
Push away
Close my eyes
Mind
Hands
Mouth

I will get sucked in
Never be seen again

I cannot stop
I keep calling out names
As many as I can call

You are not alone
You are not alone
You are not alone

No one hears me

I cannot bring myself to stop
But I will put my finger here

And break

No comments:

Post a Comment