Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A poem a day for 2013 - day 211 - Things to do today

I will love
I will wake up and stand
I will stretch and I will smile
I will tea
I will grits
I will eggs
I will toast with strawberry jam

I will paint
Red
Flowers
Black families with too long limbs
Water
Children

I will write
Babies
Race
Justice
Freedom
Fight

I will pray
I will sing
I will dance
Wailing arms
Bouncing buttocks
Flying elbows
Criss crossed feet
I will move

I will remember
I will speak
Words
Good
God
Roots
Son
Sun

I will wait
I will watch
I will believe
I will keep my side of the street
Clean as I can
I will breathe
I will laugh
Mouth so wide open
Belly shake so funny
Hands slap knees
I will happy
I will cloud
I will walk
So far and so long
With so much work to do
So much easy and free on my mind



No comments:

Post a Comment