Friday, May 30, 2014

Gratitude

It's 12:07 and although today is really tomorrow
Today is today because I am just getting in
And am ready for a good rest tonight
Tonight
This night
I am thankful for waking up this morning
For work today
Even for the small challenges at work today
I am thankful for love and compassion
I am thankful for God working God's amazing self out in my life
As God does
I am thankful 
I am thankful for last minute work
For surprise work
For thank You, Jesus work
I am thankful
I am thankful for my son
My wonderful son who came through me
Who is his own person
Who is God's awesome child
For me to rear and love
I am thankful for the entire village that rears him and loves him
I am thankful for my sister
For my mother 
I am thankful for peace and good energy
For food and shelter
For kindness and compassion
For work tomorrow I am so thankful
I am thankful for one foot in front of the other 
Every day
I am thankful for friend out of hospital
For her health and safety
For her whispered name from my lips reaching the ears of Most High
I am thankful
For friends
Family
For words and art and calmness in my head

No comments:

Post a Comment