Saturday, May 24, 2014

To black men - draft 2

Knees like you
Flexible and ashy
Ready to move
We bend together
We same song
We so blues
We so rock, gospel, soul, country, rhythm


You hear me sing for you
You hear this concert in my gargle
Sing for you
To you
About you
Hold these notes for you
Do re me
Do re me
Breathy and raspy for you
Always for you
Darling you
You send me
Send me


Sigh
Sigh
Selah
Selah


You hear my voice for you
You see my fists for you
You feel this fight I have for you


We womb together
We reign
We so thunder together


We feet in Sunday morning grass
In sand
We so swim together
We boat and land together


You win for me
I win for you
These tears
These poems
You ever read all these poems for you


We so crazy together
We ill together
We kill and create together
We so slow
We so swirl and sane together
All this dance we swing together


You think I'm going somewhere
You think I will ever leave
You hold my waist
I look you in your eyes
We rib together


We so coffee


We so free
America
Africa
We so global together
So Cuba
Asia
We so everywhere


We so sticks and stones
So struggle
So easy
So flesh and bones


You so fly
Blueblack and marble
So move
Silk
You so tell me your story
You so listen to mine
You so mine


You so I can't live without you
You so my brother
My son
Lover
Father


You so voice in my ear
Touch in my thigh
Squeeze on my chest
You so rub me to sleep


Selah
Selah
Sigh
Sigh


You my regular
My every single day


You so night
You so knight
You so ride in and rescue
So change
So same
You so hero
You so Psalms
So words
River
Deep
Deep
Ain't we deep together


Sigh
Sigh
Selah
Selah

No comments:

Post a Comment