Thursday, February 24, 2011

Going Greyhound

4:17 am
We are pulling out of the Phoenix station. While I was inside charging my phone I saw a man who had just gotten off the bus who was moved to tears to see his sons. His sons were grown men. One son had who I think was his wife with him. The father held them and kissed them and cried. "I miss you so much. I miss you so much." The three men had the same brown face. Same dark eyes, black shoulder length hair, same tears except the father had more.

I wondered where he was that kept him from the men he missed so much. How long were they apart? Was there forgiveness to be asked for and given? How long would they be together this time?

I said a silent prayer for them. I let my heart utter words for them my mind cannot possibly know. I wished peace for them. More happy tears, more happy hugs for them. I was glad I needed to charge my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment