Saturday, June 11, 2011

Congrats Uraeus

I haven't written about it yet, except in the spaces of all of my insides, but my son graduated from middle school and I am so proud of him. That night was the best night of my entire life. All of it. Seeing him walk across the stage, watching him sit there on the stage, mostly though I enjoyed the family gathering together after the ceremony to eat. Laugh. Celebrate. His father, stepmother, sister, mother, grandmother, aunts, cousins around one table celebrating...life.

I thank God for him. Every moment I do. My son has parts of all of us and his own parts too. What a life. My son. Our son. Reared by a village showering him with prayers. This young chocolate man. Taller than I. Beautiful. So beautiful. Growing. Wise. What a life indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment