Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I miss you D Black

So I took a mini break from this blog. Was living my life. I need it today though. Some place to spill my thoughts. D Black, a very good friend of mine died yesterday. I know the metaphysical talk about how we never die. How we transition, change, evolve. I know. Give me time. Right now I am mourning the loss of him, in the flesh. We will never have those long conversations again. D Black encouraged me, taught me, loved me, was an inspiration to me. I will miss him tremendously.

There is a memorial for him tonight at the World Stage in Leimert Park. I am not ready to attend a memorial service for my friend. I am not ready to hear countless poems about his passing. I am sad right now. I will get better but right now my heart is heavy.

No comments:

Post a Comment