Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A poem a day for 2013 - day 100 - poem 2 - Dear Frida

One of these days
We will talk
Long and hard
About all of
It
I will put my head on your breast
And I will tell you about my lovers
And by tell you about my lovers
I mean tell you about my self
Maybe you will tell me your stories too
Ones even Diego doesn't know
Like I am that lucky
I can dream though
O Frida
You must get tired of
Poets calling your name
Frida
Frida
We must keep you up
All through the night
How do you ever get
Anything done
Ever
How do you paint
Pictures of babies
And blue houses
How are you wearing your hair
These days
I'm so curious
About it all
About the shops where
You bought all those clothes
About the comb and mirror you used
To part your hair
Your red lipstick and braids
One day, Frida
You and I will sit and walk and fly
I have all of these questions
About love and paint and sex and words
And why they are so the same

No comments:

Post a Comment