Sunday, April 6, 2014

NaPoWriMo 2014 - day 6 - If only. Dream. Tonight.

Listen how Ghana I chant you
Early before sun
Can you see goats and gods and chicken
Strut cross our paths
Feel dirt and gravel welcome at our feet
Do you dream of me

Do you hear my tongue
How it clicks and waves mountain
Look at the water lift at my command
Smell the rain like sage clean our sins so fine

Are we sinners
Angels free as we

See this skirt red and long I bought at the marketplace
From the blueblack woman
With tomorrow in her eyes
Want me to tell you what she knows

Are we far enough away from Los Angeles Airport yet
From all those horns and bodies busy
Destroying this whole world
Can we teleport to mother for the night
My nipples slippery in your teeth
In a hut we built together
Your neck safe inside my palms
Fingers lost inside my hair
Till we can't come home again

No comments:

Post a Comment