Tuesday, April 8, 2014

NaPoWriMo 2014 - day 8 - Air

Lead me down the darkest road to temptation
I am not afraid of you
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelu oo ya
Can you hold me if I lean in to you
Will you fall from the weight of my words
If I speak them cross your calves

My tongue
Is it too sticky from all the songs that I say
When I am asleep
Do you read the sermons come cursive splashed my brows

Will you catch me if I pull away from you
Will you cross lines with me
Lines no business being crossed
I get tired
This ceiling so close to my head
Do you weary the box you wear
Shoes too small for your feet

Can you fly
Do you want to fly
Do you want to fly away from here

Are those wings
Can you tie me in your hair

I will follow
Will you
Are you proud
Will you walk behind
Will you side by side
Will you lead

Should I trust you where you go


No comments:

Post a Comment