Thursday, December 11, 2014

Dear people

Women are not on a mission to destroy Bill Cosby's legacy. He did that himself. Women are not JUST now coming out about the rapes. Women came out years ago and were laughed out of lawyers offices who would not dare go against NBC's Cosby.

It is hurtful that the most militant of black men are so blinded by sexism that they cannot, no, will not have our backs. I read an article recently in defense of Bill saying that he is "guilty of cheating, not raping." To say that so assuredly is to call the collective of women liars.

I know what it is to be called a liar after accusing a man of being more than "inappropriate" with me. The man I confided in did not even know the man I accused. But I was the liar. Not the victim of a man's touch and tongue. But a liar. I often wonder if he was protecting himself.

1 comment:

  1. Well stated and well written. Bravo for sharing. I often like to imagine myself walking in another's shoes. I can't imagine what it would be like to be silent all of these years. I do understand women not coming forward for the various reasons many of these women stated. I do wonder if his wife ever suspected her husband of abusing his super powers and using them for evil disguised as good. My mother used to say, "You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool ALL of the people all of the time. Karma is powerful. Bill Cosby's what goes around is now coming around. Fee King

    ReplyDelete