Thursday, January 22, 2015

A poem a day for 2015 - day 22 - Celebration time

I celebrate this quiet moment
Even with this ache in my head
With food cooking on my stove
I celebrate
I celebrate the safety of my son
I give thanks for seeing good in the world
It is not always easy
But it is there
I give thanks for the spirits who hold my head
For the cotton whispers of the ancestors
Guiding me 'long my way
For friends who wrap loving arms 'round my shoulder
For my family who loves me
My family I love
I celebrate
I celebrate the moon
The sun
The ocean and rent paid
The clouds and black beans
Water and my chin resting in my palm
Life is the little things
I celebrate
I celebrate
My eyes on the peacocks and feet propped on my couch
I celebrate my couch
The rug
My socks and the bed
I give thanks
For the list that could go on
I celebrate today
Right now

No comments:

Post a Comment