Thursday, March 26, 2015

A poem a day for 2015 - day 85 - For DL

I will go to hospital after work and visit with you / and we will talk / and I will watch you sleep / and I will bring you the Los Angeles Times as you requested / and I hope I am in time for your meal because watching you feed yourself after not being able to brought me so much joy yesterday / and I will pay for parking and wish is wasn't so expensive / and I will be glad I am paying for parking and watching you heal instead of the alternative / and things take time / like healing / healing takes time and I have time and the patience to watch you heal / and continue to pray for you / and there are a team of people praying for you / did you know / did you know that folks on the other side of this country are praying for you / folks you don't even know / and every day you look better and better / and here's hoping better and better continues

No comments:

Post a Comment