Monday, May 4, 2015

A poem a day for 2015 - for day 107 - This me

There is a method to all of this me I call myself
I fold the washcloths first
Then towels
Then I hang the shirts and all the rest
I wake up early
Then I try to go back to sleep
I am successful sometimes
Sometimes I am not
I help where I can
I forget to save energy for myself
Sometimes
Sometimes
I spend hours alone
I like to be alone
Sometimes
Sometimes
Sometimes I need others around
I drive to my mother's house and crawl in her bed
Sometimes
Sometimes
We listen to books on tape and love each other
We talk and laugh like mother and daughter
Like friends
I pray for my son
All the time
All the time I pray
For my son, my nephew and niece
For my children
And your children too
I write poetry
And musings
And lists
I write lists
I pray
I pray
Will you pray for me too
I shower
I make my bed every day
I brush my teeth last
I don't know why
I dust furniture and wash dishes
I wash dishes
And dishes
I paint my nails
Always too late
After they have well chipped
I don't know why
I cry
I cry
I laugh
I say I love you
I write
I write
I tell stories
About you
About me

No comments:

Post a Comment