Monday, May 18, 2015

Bad parking. Red Stories. Alyesha Wise.

At work an hour early for a few reasons. The parking at the school is bad on Mondays because of street cleaning, wanted some extra time in the car to listen to more of this book on cd I'm enjoying and well, wanted to enjoy the quiet and sit a minute.

Red Stories went well last night with Alesha Wise. Still feeling high from that. Overall I'm happy. At peace and looking forward to the next chapter. I'm not sure if I'm going to be in the classroom next year. Maybe, maybe not. Looking to do more photography and of course poetry.

I'm hopping around in this post I know. I don't have much time. I have quite a bit of editing to do on my collection of short stories for CLI. I have class tonight and am not sure which story I'm work shopping yet. Nervous about whether I'm going to finish it on time for the author draft on the 6th of next month. I'll finish. I'll finish. I'm good in the home stretch. Fingers crossed.

Happy, thankful, peaceful describe my feelings right now. Work will be easy today. Class will be good tonight. Uraeus will be graduating in a couple of weeks. I'm cool. And thankful for this cloudy day. This is my favorite weather. I told you this post would be all over the place.  Also happy about Dwaine's recovery. It's hard seeing a friend ill and even harder seeing a friend in a hospital bed tethered to tubes. But he's out of the hospital now and the tubes are gone and he's walking around getting better and better every day. Smiles. Posts that include healing friends are good post.

I'm writing right now because I need to. You know how I am. My fingers need to move. Words need to come out of my brain. There are concerns I'm not expressing, not here anyway. But the words and feelings I can empty, I need to. Perhaps this is the real reason I came to work so early.

No comments:

Post a Comment