Sunday, September 27, 2015

Fancy

I don't have all the fancy things life has to offer and cannot provide those things for my son. Yet. Who knows if I ever will be able. But we wake up sharing stories. We laugh. He tells me stories and shows me YouTube videos of Wu Tang. My son and I love Wu Tang together. And we love and worship God and we appreciate life and love. And we eat. And have shelter. And wear clothes. We are in good health and know the value of prayer. I appreciate that I get to watch him navigate his way through life, with the guidance of God and the ancestors. I get to hear his voice and watch him do his homework and go off to karate practice and school. I get to love him. I get to call his name and hear him answer. And then I think to myself, what fancy things I have. What fancy indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment