Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Little gas. Heavy D's birthday. KDAY.

It's 5:03 pm and I am sitting in my car on the side of Kaiser waiting for Uraeus to finish physical therapy. I've been home all day today so being out feels good. I don't have much gas so I'm not going far but I'll make one stop at the store before we head back home.

Today is Heavy D's birthday. He would have been 49 and KDAY is honoring him by playing his songs. Feels good. I miss him. Miss hearing his music.

I'm fighting off a heaviness. Z called me yesterday and told me she has colon cancer. That news hit hard although I tried to be a cheerleader while she was on the phone. My love, prayers and thoughts are with her and her family. I have known Z a long time and I sure am wishing the best for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment