Thursday, September 1, 2016

World Stage. Mother. Hospital.

It's 8:21pm and I am at home. I went to The World Stage last night and just as it was ending my mother called because she needed to go to the hospital. I drove down there and took her and we stayed there until 4:00 this morning. It was cold in the er and no one feels like being there but my mother is feeling better and that means the world to me.

I stayed at my mom's place when we returned from the hospital and I got home about noon. My cell phone was running out of juice and I left my charger at home. Of course when I got home Uraeus had already left for school and took my charger for his phone. Excuuuuuuuuuse me!?! So I've been here all day without a phone and I'm still waiting for him to come home. I have to keep convincing myself that being without a phone is not the worse thing. It's up there though. First world problems I know.

I was supposed to have a feature tonight. This post is everywhere. I know. Anyway, my poetry feature date was moved because the company is moving to a new venue. It happens. I just wish it didn't happen tonight because that money would have come right handy. But hey. Life right.

In other news Saturday is my birthday! I'm happy about that. I will turn 47. There have been times I didn't think I would be this close to 47. But I'm here, praise God. My plans? I have a meeting in the morning and I'm going to dinner with a friend. What happens in the middle of that I don't know. I've always wanted to have a free birthday meal at Denny's so maybe I'll do that alone after my morning meeting. Who knows.

Come home, Uraeus! I really want to make a phone call. That and no matter how old my son is when it's dark I don't want him walking around. Being a mother to a black child is something these days. Jesus be a fence.

When I started this post my intention was to start a new poem. But that didn't happen. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe later on tonight. I need some new work because I have another feature coming up this Wednesday at The World Stage and I want to do a few new pieces. Who knows.

Time for me to get some cleaning up done.
Hug yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment