Sunday, August 9, 2009

Continual Losing of Social Underpinnings (from Bubba's journal - Wednesday, June 29, 1994)

While considering things to do to improve and strengthen my relationship with my daughter, the fundamental "thread of commonality" in the several, if not many, approaches that presented themselves was the idea of the need to reveal/share more of my true self. Always keeping in mind that "familiarity breeds contempt," I feel that it is necessary to share/reveal a deeper level of feelings, aspirations, regrets, and things of this nature with her.

One of the more interesting concepts that emerged was that the impact and effect of the diminishing number and quality of key individuals upon which my social would was/is built. Death, incarceration, relocation, fundamental change in their priorities, are some of the reasons for this decline.

No comments:

Post a Comment