Thursday, January 7, 2010

In honor of "You teach people how to treat you"

i honor myself with truth
spent too much time speaking through
filters of peace
of sage
of incense of wine
red by the way
always red

i honor myself with truth of the moment
at least to myself
i am a fixer
a desirer to change undesirable traits
in you
in me
charge it to my ego
you are never good enough as you are
neither am i
not to my ego

you told me who you were
i didnt believe you
my fault not yours

i made you wrong
you told the truth
i was listening to what i wanted to change
in you
in me

my fault
not yours

i wanted you to think i was brave
different from the others
that i could stand the wicked test we call
time

but i dont owe you answers to any test
proof of any love
any friendship
i only owe me the me i am in the moment
and then the next

charge it to my ego

time is only time
not good
not bad
just time
lessons are only lessons
not easy
not hard
just lessons

to be learned and relearned
repeated and rehearsed

we only know ourselves
through those we call friend

mirror my mirror
mirror my mirror
i taught you to lie
i taught you to love

mirror my mirror
mirror my mirror
i taught you to remember
i taught you to see

light

No comments:

Post a Comment