Monday, January 3, 2011

At Agape yesterday

Uraeus and I went to service at Agape yesterday. It was the first Sunday of the new year and I wanted to be there to hear the inspiration, word, love, peace of God. God is all around me all of the time and yesterday I wanted to be around like minded folks who were looking for what I was looking for. Listening for what I was listening for. The Presence, the Being, and as Rev. Michael says the "is ness" of God.

As usual it was great to see familiar folks. Folks I haven't seen in a long time. Also great seeing folks I saw for the first time that day. Seriously, if you wanna see a group of amazingly beautiful people, go to Agape.

We sat down during the meditation and centered ourselves. It was perfect. The collective breath, the stillness in the air. It seemed like I could feel the angels hovering above us, protecting us. Protecting us from our own fool, interruptive, unproductive thoughts.

Bridget Byron led the music and what a powerful singer, striking woman, graceful presence she was. I may have her last name incorrect but her first name I remember correctly. She sang a few songs. The first was about being smoother and noticeably different after being loved by Spirit or recognizing the love of Spirit as God is always loving us. After that she sang a song that she wrote about accepting and loving everyone though we have differences. Loving and appreciating each other through those differences.

Then Rev. Michael spoke. If you have ever witnessed Rev. Michael speak, you know the energy he brings in his messages. His message was "Being complete with the incompleteness." He talked about visiting John, a member of the congregation, who was making his transition. John mentioned that he felt that he had not finished what God had put him on earth to do. Rev. Michael's response to that was that when we take on a mission so big, we won't complete it. Our job is to do our part of it. An example he gave was of a man who plants a fruit tree knowing that he will not be here to eat its fruit but plants it for those who will come after him and eat. God's work for us is big work. Big enough so that all we can do is the piece for us to do and plant the seeds we are to plant and let others come after us and eat and continue to plant for others.

He also mentioned that it is impossible for us to live a life of boredom and victim when we are connected to God's intention for our lives. When we are unfolding into our infinite possibilites for our lives there is no space for boredom. This had me think about my own life and how sometimes when I am feling overwhelmed and don't know what to do, after prayer and meditation what eases me is taking the next easy step. Often that is to write, paint, take pictures. There is always a story to tell. Always a picture to paint, a poem to create. These are my seeds. My job is to keep planting them. The ideas are infinite when I step ourside of the in authenticity of worry and what occurs to me as lack. When I am connected to Souce, I know that there is always plenty. I know that I am always provided for. We forget that though, at least I do. Sometimes. And then I remember. And then I take the time to reconnect myself to myself and center myself and know. I know that God is always living and breathing and loving me from inside of me, closer to me than my own breath. I am thankful that the God I serve is not a God far away and outside and separate from me. I celebrate that God is the love that connectes us all. When I am my authentic self I remember to acknowledge that there is no space between any of us. I honor the connectedness of us. I remember to remember that I am not ok if my brother is not well and if I have eaten and my sister is hungry then my work in the kitchen is not done. I am at peace in praise when you have joy. I am thankful for the blessings in your life, his life, her life, my life.

When I am my authentic self I know that I am not defined by anything other than God's love. Possessions, successes or failures do not define who I am. In answer to what do you do for a living? I plant the seeds that God gave me. That's all that's important.

What do you do for a living?

No comments:

Post a Comment