Sunday, May 6, 2012

This something called us - draft two

Your capable
Vunerable fingertips
Hold me like secret
Inside your skin

Your nails
Bite
Into my whisper name

Say my name say my name

I almost forget what had happened
With us

The hot and cold of me
You and your closed mouth
Hungry for a normal
I cannot give myself

So we dance
This
One step three step
Awkward
Off beat
Snapping where we should clap

In the midst of this waning and ascending
This fire and freeze called us
I do love you still
Still the hardest parts of me soften
When I see you smile

The coldest days of me
Crack open when you hold me both armded
My nose in your neck
My heels on your toes
Tight

I'm not running away
Need time to gather
Pieces of myself
I loaned to lovers
Who didn't know they still had them

Time to collect my self respect
From days too dark
I can't go into alone
Not even in a poem

But I do
For you
I do for myself

And anyone needing time and space
Doesn't always end happily
The request doesn't come with promises

Just know I'm doing the best I can for you
Making me a better me

No comments:

Post a Comment