Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Still on my way home

It's 3:37am here in Phoenix, AZ and I am at the airport. The flight from Philly was easy and I slept well (to be in the middle seat of the emergency exit). We didn't get into Phoenix until about 11:30pm and I take the first flight out to L.A. at 6:24am. I wasn't able to sleep well here in the airport terminal. Just couldn't find a position. That's cool, I walked a bit and pulled out my poetry notebook and started memorizing (again) some old and some new poems. It's scary how my mind keeps drawing a blank at the oddest times. I have a show coming up and want to try some new stuff so I'm going to work on it now in an almost empty airport at 3 something in the morning.

There is a recording to the left of me at the escalator and it keeps saying "escalator has ended, please watch your step." It won't friggin' stop. But that's cool. See how I keep saying that's cool? Yeah, I'm trying to just be with the things I can't change."The escalator has ended, please watch your step. The escalator has ended, please watch your step. The escalator has ended, please watch your step." And on and on. But that's cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment