Friday, March 15, 2013

A poem a day for 2013 - day 74 - poem 2 - Here, dear

I wish you a love planet enough
You comet home
Connection so sticky
You laugh to belly ache in his face all night
I wish your legs around his waist
His moan in your ear
Teeth on your neck
I wish his fingers on your back to the bone
I wish you whispers
Eyes
A space for your head in his chest
I wish you a love
You want forever
A love you like
A love history and unusual
A love you choose
Not one you settle into
Settling into love
Is settling into shoes too small
They will shelter your feet
But you will never run fast enough
To fly
I want you to fly
Be swallowed up in
The bigness of your love
In its uncertainty
Its rocky
Its ravenous water
Let it chew you to bits
So that there are plenty more of you
To tell your story
About love
So forgiven
So sewn together
So imperfect
And right
For you

1 comment: