Monday, March 18, 2013

A poem a day for 2013 - day 77 - This is a poem. Except. It's not.

Today a bird flew in my kitchen came in from a vent I am not afraid of birds but birds flying around crack crazy in the middle of the kitchen is a different thing and I don't know what birds mean but maybe this bird is for me since I am not positive she came in through the vent no open windows or doors no cracks in the floors and the experts at Google say if you dream about a bird in flight then that is a sign for a deep personal need for freedom maybe I am that bird flying around in one room bumping my face on the walls my beak on the glass breaking my wings on the ceiling the brick my poetry and paint the square of my block this same bump on my face I used to be an outside bird in trees over clouds swooping into water for fish for dare who is this woman in my mirror my bed my kitchen my place living a life in these lines a life quite this safe

1 comment:

  1. "who is this woman in my mirror my bed my kitchen my place living a life in these lines a life quite this safe"... yeah, that's the question.

    ReplyDelete