Thursday, May 23, 2013

A poem a day for 2013 - day 143 - Gratitude

I am thankful today for life
For all of the ways it is complicated
I am thankful for the anteneas that grow from my head
And wrap round sky water fire valley
I am thankful for feeling it all
For being live to tell about it
I am thankful for the holes I fall into
So deep
Then the morning come and I am thankful again
For touch
For one more day
Even if one more day
Friends
I am thankful for love ones who
Stretch praying fingers toward my way
When I will not fold my own
For my mother
For her fight for my smile
My air
My son
For his be
My sister
Aunts uncles
Cousins
For hugs I rest my head in so easy
Pocket for my tears
I am thankful for happy
For simple
For song
Butter
Fly
For nothing
For all of my nothing
God give me every
Day

1 comment: